FOLLOW MY SCORE 2020
SUBMISSION WILL OPEN SOON
We are pleased to announce #FollowMyScore 2020! This project is not a commissioning contest. #fms20 is an effort to promote and curate many works by living composers. The works will be selected by the Score Follower team. We will hold a similar call for submissions twice every year (one in the fall, one in the spring).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Submissions must be received by: September 15
- Submission is free for the first piece!
- You may submit an additional piece (two total pieces) if you send us a one-time donation of $5 on our Support Page or become a recurring donor at the $1 tier on Patreon.
- You may submit two additional pieces (three total pieces) if you send us a one-time donation of $10 on our Support Page or become a recurring donor at the $5 tier on Patreon. As a $5 tier patron you will also have access to our fully searchable Library.
- Score Follower remains free through the many, many volunteered hours of its staff. The money we receive through your multiple submissions goes back to supporting our channels and work. Patreon donors will receive exclusive perks, including early-access to videos at the $5 tier. Donations will not be considered in the selection process.
- Each composer may submit up to three works. The works should be submitted by filling out using the link to our Google Form. Links to the pieces should be using a non-expiring cloud sharing service (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). Scores should be in pdf format.
- Please send a score and audio file for each work submitted. Keep in mind that higher quality recordings are preferred.
- If your work is selected, we will need you to secure permission for posting on our channel from any publisher, recording company, or performer/ensemble involved in the work. If you think this will not be possible, please do not submit. We will also ask for the names of performers in order to credit them in the video description. We will not upload your piece if permissions are not able to be secured.
- Submissions may come from composers of any age, nationality, background.
- Works may be of any duration.
- Submitted material should not be anonymized.
- Works must be completed (no works-in-progress).
- Submissions may include works for instrument(s) and electronics.
- Large ensemble or works with similarly tall systems display poorly on YouTube’s 16:9 landscape frame, because of this, we prefer you submit chamber or solo works.
- We also accept works that include visual footage in addition to or in lieu of a score. In the case that such a work is selected, it would be uploaded to our Mediated Scores channel.
- Composers previously featured on our channels may still apply.
- Members of the score follower team may not apply
I want to submit my piece to follow my score but there’s not really a score to it; it’s more like a list of instructions
It’s cool, we do that ➝ https://youtu.be/ZSS0PJqVYN8
Yeah, but there’s like video footage too
Yeah I mean we do that too ➝ https://youtu.be/jGFgRDWSnLk
OK! but I’m worried because the instructions are asynchronous.
Umm, have you seen our vid of Jennifer Walshe’s EVERYTHING YOU OWN HAS BEEN TAKEN TO A DEPOT SOMEWHERE? ➝ https://youtu.be/E4eZ1C9eXDE
WOAH, ok I’ll send my piece! For the second piece I’m thinking of submitting, it’s already audio-visual format.
FAB! We made the “mediated scores” channel because we realized that some composers were using non-static visual mediums AS the score itself… like this ➝ https://youtu.be/GqEMtTXh6xI and this ➝ https://youtu.be/e5uwx4pJxVc
NICE, but it’s more like a video game
boom ➝ https://youtu.be/_wScl3xKZxo